We manufacture our polyester housing in our own production plants, from the production of SMC polyester composite, mold making up to the prefabrication of switchgears
Are you looking for a company that will produce SMC or BMC elements for you?
We have great opportunities and many years of experience in this field. We carry out orders including the implementation of a tool (form). If you have any questions on this matter - we invite you to contact us: email@example.com
What is SMC and BMC?
SMC - Sheet Molding Compound is a composite of unsaturated polyester resin reinforced with glass fiber (12-50 mm long), mineral filler and other additives.
It has a form of a mat with a width of 1.5 m and a thickness of several mm, wound in a roll. It is designed for processing by hot pressing.
Polyester belongs to the group of thermosets, it is a thermosetting material. A material similar to SMC is BMC (Bulk Molding Compound), which occurs in the form of a shapeless mass or loose granulate. It can be processed by injection method. In this case, the fiber has a length of 6-12 mm.
Composition of the SMC composite:
In addition to basic components such as polyester resin, fiberglass and filler, SMC contains various additives in the form of: thickeners, anti-adhesive agents, flame retardants, etc.
The use of composites
Due to its advantages, SMC has been widely used in various fields for over 40 years.
The advantages of using thermosetting polyester composite:
- very good mechanical properties,
- resistance to high temperature,
- non - flammable (self - extinguishing plastic),
- high resistance to low temperature,
- resistance to weather conditions (UV),
- high insulation,
- the possibility to obtaining thickness ine the 1.1-60mm range in the process of forming,
- the possibility of machining,
- very good anti - corossion properties
- lightness of construction,
- high aesthetics
- the possibility of recycling